We handle everything related to septic systems in the Mulberry area.
One of the nice things about septic systems is that you do not have a monthly bill for sewer, but that doesn’t mean septic systems are cost-free. In fact, when they fail, it can be quite costly to replace them. The best way to avoid that and enjoy septic systems for many decades is through regular maintenance. At Averett Septic Tank Co Inc., we offer a wide variety of residential services on septic systems, so your system can operate efficiently.
- Septic Inspection – A common time to call for a septic inspection is when you plan to purchase a house in the Mulberry, Florida area. This is not typically a part of a home inspection, but it is very important. Call us, and we’ll take care of this for you.
- Septic Cleaning – It is difficult to imagine septic systems as anything but dirty, but the reality is that they can get too dirty. That’s where we come in. We clean the various components of septic systems as needed to keep them operating properly. This includes septic pump-outs.
- Septic Repair – If your septic system is not operating properly, it doesn’t necessarily mean it needs to be replaced. In most cases, we can repair the problem area and you’ll get many more years of service from it. We repair lift stations, septic tanks, and drain fields.
Four Ways to Protect Septic Systems
At Averett Septic Tank Co. Inc., we understand that as the homeowner of a property in Mulberry, Florida, there are many components of your home that you want to last as long as possible because of the investment needed to replace them. Septic systems are often overlooked because they are out of sight and out of mind. While our services include repairing and replacing septic systems, we would rather share with you a few tips for protecting your system so you hopefully never need those services.
- Regular Inspections- An inspection isn’t just designed to find a problem that needs to be repaired. It is also to catch situations in which you might be putting the system in danger. We can point out what is currently a small issue before it becomes a costlier one.
- Plan Landscaping Carefully- We are happy to show you exactly where the septic tank and drain field are on your property if you are not already aware so you can avoid planting any trees, shrubs, or other plants with roots that could encroach upon the pipes and other components. You should also avoid putting any hardscape landscaping, like heavy patio stones and rocks, over septic systems.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals- Chemicals destroy the bacteria that your septic system needs to function. Never flush paint, paint thinner, solvents, and other chemicals. It is also best to avoid the use of anti-bacterial cleaning and personal products for this same reason.
- Only Flush Biodegradable Items- Don’t assume that just because a product says it is safe for septic systems that it is. We deal with damaged systems all the time from wet wipes, paper towels, and other items that do not decompose as easily as claimed. In addition, do not introduce any fats, oils, or grease into the system.
If you are having an emergency situation with your septic system, don’t suffer through it until business hours. We are available for emergencies 24 hours a day. When you want a company that has been around a long time to handle issues with septic systems, call on us – we’ve been in business since 1958.
At Averett Septic Tank Co Inc., we offer services for septic systems in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Auburndale, Dundee, Bartow, Polk City, Plant City, Haines City, Mulberry, Lake Wales, Polk County, and Eastern Hillsborough County, Florida