There are many advantages of an ATU & drip irrigation system.
At Averett Septic Tank Co. Inc., we have experience in all types of septic systems, including specialized ATU & drip irrigation systems. ATU stands for aerobic treatment unit. In a standard septic system, waste moves from gravity to the septic tank where solids sink to the bottom and effluent rises to the top, where it flows to the drain field to be filtered prior to reintroduction to the ground and groundwater.
With ATU & drip irrigation systems, the wastewater is treated beforehand by adding oxygen to it to reduce the solid waste and get bacteria going to work more efficiently. The drain field is replaced with a subsurface drip irrigation line with this type of system. Installing an ATU & drip irrigation system has a number of benefits over a standard septic tank and drain field system.
- A smaller footprint, making ATU & drip irrigation a good choice for smaller properties where setbacks can be an issue.
- Reduction in cost, as excavation is not necessary.
- Drip irrigation allows for slow, uniform distribution that can follow the contours of your property without the need for leveling, and a rectangular space isn’t mandatory.
- Mounding height is far lower, so the entire system can be less costly than a traditional system.
- While traditional systems need to be replaced in 20 to 30 years, ATU & drip irrigation systems typically last a lifetime.
- ATU & drip irrigation systems are environmentally friendly.
These are just a few of the advantages of an ATU & drip irrigation system. We would be happy to schedule a consultation to further discuss how these systems work so you can decide if this is a good option for your new construction project in the Haines City, Florida area.
At Averett Septic Tank Co Inc., we offer ATU & drip irrigation services in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Auburndale, Bartow, Polk City, Plant City, Haines City, Mulberry, Polk County, and Eastern Hillsborough County, Florida.