When you are buying or selling a property, it is necessary to be aware of the correct valuation for that property. This can be largely varied based on needed updates or improvements to the home. Obtaining a thorough inspection will help you identify any issues or problems that need to be fixed prior to the sale of the home. Some key questions we’ll answer for you about real estate septic inspections include:
- Who is responsible for the inspection?
- How do I buy/sell a property with a septic tank?
Buyers are typically responsible for a real estate septic inspection. One of the most important reasons is so you can get an honest quote of the state of the system without the seller being involved. This may vary based on your contract, but it would probably be in your best interest as the buyer to have this inspection completed.
Here are a few tips for selling a property with a septic tank:
- Use a qualified inspection service.
- Ask about our experience and to see the requirements of our report.
- Prepare basic homeowner materials for septic tank maintenance.
- If a system is in need of repairs upon completing an inspection, negotiate the responsibilities into the contract.
If you’re a real estate agent or are looking to buy or sell a home with a septic tank, make sure to contact us at Averett Septic Tank Co Inc. to complete a thorough real estate septic inspection. We will ensure that the system is up to code and in good condition.