Choosing the right irrigation system for your property is an important decision. You need to take into account many factors, including climate, the water requirements of the trees and plants in your yard, energy efficiency and cost, and more. Drip irrigation is one option that is available to you that you might not know much about. There are many benefits that can come from using drip irrigation, but we are going to just list five:
1. Efficiency — Efficient-drip irrigation systems use less water than any other system. The water slowly penetrates deeply into the soil at the roots of your plants—delivering water directly to them right where they need it, making it unnecessary to use as much water.
2. Uniform Plant Growth — Your plants and trees will be healthier than before, and you won’t have to worry about dry patches caused by uneven watering.
3. Decreased Cost — Because you will be using less water, you will pay less in your monthly water usage bills. This is a win-win for the environment and your wallet.
4. Prevent Weeds & Fungus — Delivering water directly to your plants means that there is less water for other undesirable growth, such as weeds or fungal diseases.
5. Environmentally Friendly — Not only does a drip system use less water, but it also creates less erosion, preventing unwanted runoff from joining local water sources.